Mechanical Insulation is one of the most cost-effective ways to reduce utility costs and greenhouse gas emissions. By providing energy audits, Gribbins Insulation helps our customers fully understand the monetary and environmental benefits of proper mechanical insulation.
You can learn more about the process below and review this presentation from the National Insulation Association: The Power of Insulation. For more information about the program, click on the logo to the right.
Gribbins Insulation’s Certified Energy Appraisers:
Our appraisers are certified through the National Insulation Association. More information on the NIA’s Insulation Energy Appraisal Program can be found here. Customers may contact any of our offices to speak directly to one of our appraisers to learn exactly how your facility will benefit.
Gribbins Certified Appraisers:
- Adam Brown, Indianapolis Area Manager
- Brian Willett, President
- Derek Beck, Estimator/Project Manager
- Grant Gribbins, Estimator/Project Manager
- Jamie Waldroup, Estimator/Project Manager
- Kyle Forrester, Southern Vice President
- Todd Siler, Estimator/Project Manager
The Energy Appraisal Process:
- An energy appraisal first involves an onsite facility walk-through by one of our Certified Insulation Energy Appraisers, who will gather data on the insulated and uninsulated piping, ductwork, and equipment. The customer can determine the extent of the audit – the entire facility or maybe just the boiler room.
- Back at the office, the analysis process begins. Using 3e Plus software, the appraiser will determine actual Btu losses and greenhouse gas emission levels for each system and piece of equipment.
- An extensive final report will provide recommendations based on the results, as well as potential cost savings through effective mechanical insulation. The report will provide exact payback times for each system.
- The most important step is taking advantage of the potential cost and energy savings, and moving forward with the installation of the insulation. With 25+ years of experience installing insulation in commercial, industrial, power, and process facilities, we hope you will choose Gribbins Insulation.
Energy Appraisal in Action – Helena, Montana
Results of insulation energy appraisals at state-owned buildings in Helena, Montana, were announced at the 2011 National Insulation Association Convention. This Presentation from the convention details the appraisal process and results as well as demonstrating large potential energy and cost savings. Here are the highlights:
- Ultimately, 3500 items were identified with missing or damaged insulation among 25 buildings and 56 mechanical rooms.
- The overall payback period to correctly insulate all of these items is 4.1 years.
- The projected energy savings of 6 billion BTUs per year represent roughly 8% of the total natural gas consumption of the facilities analyzed.
- The potential energy cost savings with proper insulation totals over $55,000 per year.
The state of Montana is moving forward with the implementation of the recommendations of the report over the course of several years and considers this project to be one of the most cost effective projects in the history of the State Buildings Energy Conservation Program.