Gribbins Insulation’s core values of integrity, safety, quality, productivity, and innovation form the foundation on which we make our decisions and perform our work. With a goal of zero incidents, safety is a part of our culture, considered with each decision made by management, administrators, foremen, and field employees. By meeting or exceeding all federal, state, local, and client rules and regulations, we aim to create the safest working environment possible and ensure the safety, health, and welfare of each employee.
From the annual company-wide safety meeting to the extensive safety incentives, our commitment to safety is felt throughout the company. Along with the three Safety Coordinators, our Safety Manager Trevor Atherton, is fully dedicated to all aspects of safety – training, enforcement of policies and procedures, and auditing jobsites and behaviors. He reports directly to the company President and has full authority to implement and enforce any and all safety rules to achieve our goal of zero accidents and injuries. To that end, we have a comprehensive Company Safety Policy that includes an extensive reward program for safe work. We are committed to safety.
Safety Program Facts
- Every employee participates in our safety work practices and rewards program.
- Incentive catalog, points checker, and ordering available to our employees online.
- All new hires are extensively trained on 37 safety topics during our orientation.
- Every employee has completed the OSHA 10 hour training program.
- Job specific training completed by all employees involved in special tasks to maintain 100% OSHA compliance.
- Weekly Safety Meetings conducted at each job site. Minutes and attendance sheets reviewed monthly by Safety Manager.
- “Toolbox Talk” blog publishes weekly safety meetings on website and Facebook page.
- Annual company safety meetings held at company headquarters – Voluntary participation of 95% of workforce
- Behavior Based Safety Program that incorporates peer to peer observations.
- Entire safety manual and MSDSs are available for Gribbins employees online. (password protected)
The quality and success of our safety program can be best appreciated by reviewing the following statistics and prestigious awards:
- Indiana Construction Association 2009 Pinnacle Safety Award Winner
- Indiana Construction Association 2008, 2009, and 2010 Gold Summit Safety Award Winner
- 1st place for 2006 and 2007 National Insulation Association’s Safety Program for mid sized contractors in the entire United States of America.
- Our current EMR (.64) is exceptional and has been below .77 for the past 8 years.
- A recordable Case Frequency Rate below 3.0 for the last 8 years. This is well below the national averages – construction at 4.7 and specialty contractors at 5.1.
- 2010 Marathon Division Manager’s Contractor Safety Excellence Awards Winner for the fifth consecutive year
- OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Status at Marathon Petroleum Company in Robinson, Illinois
- 2007, 2008, and 2009 Thomas J. Reynold’s Certificate of Achievement for Construction Safety and Health
- Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety (MICCS) – IOSHA Certified Partner
- PAC/Premier Safety Management approved Contractor
- National Maintenance Agreement Policy Committee Zero Injury Safety Award