Mechanical insulation, also known as the “forgotten technology,” is industrial thermal insulation. This encompasses mechanical pipe insulation, plus insulation for all types of equipment, and every category of mechanical systems. These systems involve boilers, HVAC, as well as ducts. As a highly experienced commercial mechanical insulation contractor, our mechanical insulation performs these extremely crucial functions:
- Conserving energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Regulating the temperature of process systems
- Condensation control and mold prevention
- Personnel protection from hot or cold surfaces
What Sets Us Apart from Other Mechanical Insulation Companies?
Founded in 1985, Gribbins Insulation is the largest employer of insulators in Southern Indiana. Our clients include Eli Lilly, Alcoa, Toyota, Ashland, Marathon, Indianapolis Power & Light, and Duke Energy. Our award-winning safety program is one of the best in the country, and our employees steadfastly adhere to our standards of quality, safety, and professionalism.
Learn More About Mechanical Insulation:
- Mechanical Insulation Assessment and Design Tools from the US Department of Energy
- Mechanical Insulation Basics from Insulation Outlook, November 2007
- Mechanical Insulation Design Guide from the National Institute of Building Sciences
- Insulation: The Forgotten Energy Technology from Insulation Outlook, February 2007
The Mechanical Insulation Education & Awareness E-Learning Series is a program offered by the Department of Energy in conjunction with the National Insulation Association and the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers. Mechanical insulation can play a significant role in reducing facility energy loss and saving money in the process. Insulation also provides: excellent return on investment, workplace safety, environmental protection, condensation control, and noise control. Visit www.nterlearning.org to register for the FREE courses, including a mechanical insulation glossary and design guide.