Cell Phone Usage on the Jobsite
- During working hours, only use cell phones for company use.
- Personal use is permitted in case of an emergency or during lunch or breaks
b. Other Site Personnel
Employees shall either:
- 1. Leave their cell phones in break areas or vehicles during work and return calls at breaks or lunch.
- 2. Receive approval from their supervisor before carrying their cell phone during work. If approved, the cell phone should be on vibrate and only used in case an emergency arises that needs immediate attention.
Approval To Carry Cell Phone
- Approval shall only be given after the employee has explained the nature of the emergency that warrants him carrying a cell phone during work hours.
- The supervisor granting the approval shall make the company safety department aware of all situations where an employee is given permission to carry a cell phone.
Cell Phone Use While Driving
ALL COMMUNICATION WITH A CELL PHONE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN WHILE DRIVING. If an employee receives or has to make a call, text or e-mail while driving a company vehicle, they are required to pull of to the side of the road and stop to make the call or read or reply to the text or email.
Employees shall not use cell phones while operating equipment or working in a hazardous atmosphere or condition. This includes but is not limited to working on scaffolding, from elevated height, in aerial lifts or in hazardous atmospheres. They may be used in case of an emergency.
Employees must abide by all additional site requirements regarding cell phones on their jobsite.
Employees who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Gribbins Insulation has the authority to change this policy at any time. If changes are made to this policy they will be reviewed with each employee.